1. ---- Would you do me a favor and give me a ride?
A. Yes, that’s right. B. No trouble.
C. Never mind D. With pleasure
2. You are late. If you a few minutes earlier, you him.
A. came; would meet B. had come; would have met
C. come; will meet D. had come; would meet
3. My is that the sick boy to hospital as soon as possible.
A. is taken B. must be taken C. be taken D. has to be taken
4. the fog, we should have reached our school.
A. Because of B. In spite of C. In case of D. But for
5. His father likes going out_______ his mother prefers to stay at home.
A. as B. while C. when D. unless
6. -----We haven’t heard from Susan a long time.
-----What do you suppose_____ to her?
A. was B. has happened
C. to happen D. having happening
7. Though _____money, his parents managed to send him to university.
A. lacked B. of
C. D. lacked in
8. ______ such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river.
A. Having suffered B. Suffering
C. To suffer D. Suffered
9. She likes English very much. Therefore she will always ____ every chance to improve it.
A. make B. have C. take D. get
10. If I_____ ten years younger, I ______very happy.
A. were; would be B. am; shall be
C. were: shall be D. am; would be
11. How did you_____ to stay so slim?
A. get B. manage C. come D. keep
12. He was by a gas stove, and his night-dress_____ fire.
A. took B. started C. set D. caught
13. We have come to the conclusion_____ this summer will be much hotter than before.
A. for B. but C. that D. when
14. Alan, _____ home very late from his job, found his angry wife for him at breakfast
A. returning B. returned C. to return D. had returned
15. His tired face suggested that he really tired after the long walk.
A. had been B. was C. be D. should be
Michel is a young girl who works for the police (16)a (专家). She has helped (17) many criminals (罪犯) by using her special talents (天才).
When she was fourteen, Michel was already (18) interested in the differences in her friends' (19) that she would spend hours (20) them. After (21) college she went to France for a (22) two-year class in at the School of Police Science.
Michel says that it is (23) for people at hide their handwriting. She can discover (24) of what she needs to know simply(25) looking at the with her own eyes, (26) she also has machines
(27) help her make (28) different kinds of paper and ink. This knowledge is often (29) great help to the police.
Michel believes that is a good (30) of what kind of person the (31) is. "I wouldn't go out with a fellow (32) I didn't like his handwriting. " She says. But she (33) she fell in love with her future husband, a young (34) she his handwriting. It is later proved to be (35), however.
16) A with B. by C. like D. as
17) A .search B. follow C. catch D. judge
18) A. so B. too C quite D. extra
19) A. books B. letter C. tongues D. handwriting
20) A. B. studying C. settling D. uncovering
21) A.. attending B. finishing C. starting D. stepping into
22) A .powerful B. natural C. special D. common
23) A .main B. safe C. easy D. impossible
24) A. most B. nothing C. little D. sight
25) A. with B. by C. of D. about
26) A. so B. for C. thus D. but
27) A. they B. in which C. that D. those
28) A. up B out C. for D. into
29) A .of B. to C. with D. for
30) A. te
[s?´d?est??n] n.建议，提议；暗示 () [´?e?f?:] ad.&conj.因此；所以 () [´st?ndi?] n.持续 a.直立的 () [´weiti?] n.等候；伺候 () [´h?nd,raiti?] n.笔迹；书法 () [´eksp?:t] n.&a.专家；内行 () [´raiti?] n.书写；写作；书法 () [p?´li:sm?n] n.警察 () [´st?did] a.故意的；有计划的 () [´h?p?ni?] n.事件，偶然发生的事 () [´l?ki?] a.缺少的，没有的 ()