1. ________ the programme, they have to stay there for another two weeks.
A. Not completing B. Not completed
C. Not having completed D. Having not completed
2. Don't leave the water ________ while you brush your teeth.
A. run B. C. being run D. to run
3. Linda worked for the Minnesota Manufacturing and Mining Company, ________ as 3M.
A. B. known C. being known D. to be known
4. Reading is an experience quite different from watching TV; there are pictures________ in your mind instead of before your eyes.
A. to form B. form C. forming D. having formed
5. When first ________ to the market, these products enjoyed great success.
A. introducing B. introduced C. introduce D. being introduced
6. "We can't go out in this weather," said Bob, ________ out of the window.
A. looking B. to look C. looked D. having looked
7. It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when ________ at the meeting by my boss.
A. questioning B. having questioned
C. questioned D. to be questioned
8. Alice returned from the manager's office, ________ me that the boss wanted to see me at once.
A. having told B. tells C. to tell D. telling
9. I don't know whether you happen ________ , but I'm going to study in the U.S.A. this September.
A. to be heard B. to be C. to hear D. to have heard
10. The old man, ________ for twenty years, is on the way back to his motherland.
A. to work B. C. to have worked D. having worked
11. ________ in the queue for half an hour, Tom suddenly realized that he had left his at home.
A. To wait B. Have waited C. Having waited D. To have waited
12. Having been ill in bed for nearly a month, he had a hard time _______ the exam.
A. pass B. to pass C. passed D. passing
13. ________ by the beauty of nature, the girl from London to spend another two days on the farm.
A. Attracting B. Attracted
C. To be attracted D. Having attracted
14. The flu is believed ________ by viruses that like to in the cells inside the human nose and throat.
A. causing B. being caused C. to be caused D. to have caused
15. The flowers ________ sweet in the botanic garden attract the visitors to the beauty of nature.
A. to smell B. smelling C. smelt D. to be smelt
16. The disc, digitally ______ in the studio, sounded at the party that night.
A. recorded B. recording C. to be recorded D. having recorded
17. Having been attacked by terrorists, ________ .
A. doctors came to their B. the tall building collapsed
C. an was taken D. warnings were given to tourists
18. Helen had to shout ________ above the sound of the music.
A. making herself hear B. to make herself hear
C. making herself heard D. to make herself heard
19. The parents suggested _______ in the hotel room but their kids were to camp out during the trip.
A. sleep B. to sleep C. D. having slept
20 There are hundreds of visitors _______ in front of the Art Gallery to have a look at Van Gogh’s paintings.
A. waited B. to wait C. D. wait
21. ______ the employees’ efficiency, the will allow them to have a coffee break.
A. Improving B. To improve C. Having improved D. Improved
22. In the dream Peter saw himself ________ by a wolf, and he woke suddenly with a start.
A. chased B. to be chased C. be chased D. having been chased
23. The storm left, _______ a lot of damage to this area.
A. caused B. to have caused C. to cause D. having caused
24. “You can’t catch me!” Janet shouted, ______ away.
A. run B. C. to run D. ran
25. It’s necessary to be prepared for a job interview. _______ the answers ready will be of great help.
A. To have
[´r?ni?] a.奔跑的；流动的 () [´n?ui?] a.会意的，心照不宣的 () [´ri:di?] n.(阅)读；朗读；读物 () [?´br?:d] ad.海外；到处；广泛 () [´w?:ki?] a.工人的；劳动的 () [θr?ut] n.咽喉；嗓子；出入口 () [´reskju:] vt.&n.救援；挽救 () [´me??] n.量度；范围 vt.测量 () [´??k??s] a.担忧的；渴望的 () [´sli:pi?] n.&a.睡着(的) () [´g?l?ri] n.画廊；美术馆；长廊 () [´weiti?] n.等候；伺候 () [fi?s] a.残忍的；强烈的 () [´int?vju:] n.&vt.接见；会见；交谈 () [,mini´s?ut?] n.明尼苏达 () [´maini?] n.采矿；矿业 () [´hi?ri?] n.听力；听证会；审讯 () [di´saidid] a.明显的；决定的 () [,ri:pr?´dju:s] v.繁殖；复制；翻版 () [´stju:di?u] n.画室；照相室 () [f?n´t?stik] a.奇异的；荒谬的 () [i´m?:d??nsi] n.事变；紧急关头 () [i´fi??nsi] n.效力；效率；有能力 () [´wɑ:lit] n.(放钞票等的)皮夹子 () [´su:p?vaiz?, ´sju:-] n.管理人；监督人 ()